MoneyWeek Wines' inaugural wine-tasting evening
On Tuesday 20 November, MoneyWeek hosted its first ever exclusive wine tasting event, at the prestigious City of London club in the heart of the Square Mile.
Our very own wine expert, Matthew Jukes, was on hand to help acquaint members with his favourites from our lists. You can hear Matthew’s recommendations on this video – and if you find it hard to make out the names of the wines, we’ve listed them all below, with links to the relevant information on the MoneyWeek Wines website.
He was joined by David Campbell, publisher for the Guide Hachette, one of France's bestselling wine guides, and Esme Johnstone of From Vineyards Direct, co-founder of Majestic Wines and former proprietor of Château de Sours in Bordeaux.
In a very special evening, members had the chance to taste and discuss our choice selection of wines, and mingle with fellow readers and MoneyWeek staff over a canapé or two.
Get a feel for the evening in this short video.
And below, you can find Matthew's favourite wines from the evening.
• Picpoul de Pinet
• Domaine de Montarels Chardonnay
• Laudun: Domaine Pélaquié 2011
• Corbières Cucugnan: Château Trillol Grenache-Syrah 2008
• Pessac-Leognan 2009
• Saint-Julien: Bordeaux 2010
• Margaux: Margaux 2006
• Château la Commanderie de Mazeyre: Pomerol 2001
• La Reserve: Claret
• Ronan: Bordeaux 2009
• Altos d’ Oliva Red Garnacha 2009
• Main Divide Pinot Noir 2009
• Coombe Farm Cabernet Merlot 2008