Video tutorial: The essentials of tramline trading
John C Burford Aug 26, 2011
In my first spread betting video tutorial, I explain some very simple chart-based ideas that can point you towards some nice entry and exit positions on trades.
In this tutorial, I look at an example from the gold market, and introduce you to the concept of tramline trading.
• What a tramline is;
• How to draw tramlines;
• The smart way to play the markets;
• The importance of good money management rules;
• How to read lines of resistance and support.
Once you are comfortable with the concepts discussed in this video, take a look at my second tutorial on tramline trading: Advanced tramline trading
• If you’re a new reader, or need a reminder about some of the methods I refer to in my trades, then do have a look at the rest of my introductory videos:
The essentials of tramline trading
Advanced tramline trading
An introduction to Elliott wave theory
Advanced trading with Elliott waves
Trading with Fibonacci levels
Trading with 'momentum'
Putting it all together
• Don't miss my next trading insight. To receive all my spread betting blog posts by email, as soon as I've written them, just sign up here .