Video tutorial: An introduction to Elliott wave theory
John C Burford Sep 05, 2011
Welcome to the second of my spread betting video tutorials.
Many thanks to everyone who left their comments on my first tutorial, the essentials of tramline trading – very helpful and encouraging. If you missed it you can watch it here.
This week I explain the basics of Elliott wave theory and how to use it to your advantage in your trades.
Elliott wave theory is a complex and, to the uninitiated, seemingly arbitrary tool. But once you have a grasp of the basics, and used in conjunction with other technical analysis methods, it can prove very useful in forecasting market trends.
In this video, you will learn:
• The key principles of Elliott wave theory;
• What corrective waves are;
• The significance of the ABC wave pattern;
• How to apply it in practice to real-time trades.
• If you’re a new reader, or need a reminder about some of the methods I refer to in my trades, then do have a look at the rest of my introductory videos:
The essentials of tramline trading
Advanced tramline trading
An introduction to Elliott wave theory
Advanced trading with Elliott waves
Trading with Fibonacci levels
Trading with 'momentum'
Putting it all together
• Don't miss my next trading insight. To receive all my spread betting blog posts by email, as soon as I've written them, just sign up here .